Skip to content

Undeclared Students

The Bobcat Advising Center is the academic advising home for undeclared lower division transfers and undeclared students in every class year.

All students must complete a major as part of the bachelor's degree.  UC Merced students are:

  • Expected to declare a major before reaching 60 total units
  • Required to declare a major before reaching 90 total units


Total units includes units in progress and units earned from:

  • AP exams
  • IB exams
  • College courses taken during high school
  • College courses taken while attending a previous college or university
  • UC Merced classes