Be sure to submit your official AP or IB exam scores to UC Merced by the deadline.
- Fall semester admits: official scores must be received by July 15
- Spring semester admits: official scores must be received by December 31
Official qualifying AP or IB exam scores received at UC Merced:
- Will be posted on your UC Merced record
- May complete specific requirements in your major, minor, or General Education
- May allow you to take more advanced courses in that subject
- May help you graduate sooner by reducing the number of courses needed at UC Merced
To see how AP or IB exam scores count, use the chart in the 2022-23 UC Merced Catalog:
Scores must be sent directly from College Board or International Baccalaureate to be considered official.
AP or IB scores on a high school transcript are not considered official.
If you need to order official AP or IB score reports to be sent to UC Merced:
* IMPORTANT NOTE *
If you have a two-part last name (hyphenated or not hyphenated), be sure that the name on your AP or IB score report exactly matches the name on your UC application.
AP and IB scores are matched to your UC record by comparing the exact name.
If part of your name is missing, the AP or IB score may not be added to your record.
If you need to adjust the name on your AP score report:
If you need to adjust the name on your IB score report:
Talk with your Bobcat Advising Center academic advisor early in your first semester if you have questions about your AP or IB exam scores.