MY DEGREE PATH (MDP)
All UCM students must develop a graduation plan on MyDegreePath (MDP) in their third or fourth semester as part of Jump Start Your Third Year.
Having a grad plan in MDP will help you take the courses you need to graduate on time.
- If you do not develop a grad plan in MDP by your third or fourth semester, a hold will be placed on your record to prevent future registration.
- Many majors have sequential courses that must be completed in order.
- Some majors have required courses that are only offered once a year.
The great news: you can begin to develop a draft graduation plan as soon as MDP has been updated for your Catalog year (the year you entered UC Merced).
- As of June 2023, MDP has been updated for Fall 2023 first year admits.
- Your draft grad plan doesn't need to be perfect--and you can make updates to it at any time.
- For a quick video on how to create a grad plan on MDP, see this link.
Talk with your BAC academic advisor if you have questions about using MDP or developing a draft grad plan for your intended major.
SAMPLE 4-YEAR GRAD PLANS: FALL 2023 FIRST YEAR ADMITS
See the 2023-24 Catalog for a complete list of requirements and a sample 4-year plan in your intended major.
- Click Academic Programs in the left column.
- Select your intended major.
- Look for the sample Four-Year Course Plan from the faculty (professors) in your major that appears above the list of requirements for your major.
BIO, CHEM, ESS, MATH, PHYS COURSES
School of Natural Sciences (SNS) faculty usually post a tentative list in advance of their planned courses for each academic year and for summer.
- See SNS Planned Course Offerings 2023-24
- As of June 2023, this list includes planned courses for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024