To have the best opportunity to be academically successful, the Bobcat Advising Center recommends that you finalize your classes and make any necessary changes in your schedule by no later than the 5th day of classes.
To view the exact add and drop deadlines each semester, click here.
Deadlines to add and drop are based on the first day of classes in that semester--and may be in the middle of a week.
TO DROP AFTER THE SEMESTER HAS STARTED:
THROUGH FIRST, SECOND, & THIRD WEEK OF SEMESTER
Drop classes online. Registration is open 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
If you receive financial aid, do NOT drop below 12 units at any time unless you have first consulted with a financial aid advisor.
In Fall 2020, the deadline to drop a class online is 11:59 pm on Wednesday, September 16th.
AFTER THE THIRD WEEK THROUGH THE ELEVENTH WEEK
A student may submit a request for a Course Withdrawal in a class for emergency reasons or for good cause. The course withdrawal request is reviewed by the professor of that class and the Dean.
1. If you receive financial aid, consult with a financial aid advisor before you submit a Course Withdrawal. Talk with the financial aid advisor about how withdrawing from a course might affect your satisfactory academic progress for financial aid.
2. Fill out the Course Withdrawal form completely and include your UC Merced email address. List the CRNs for all parts of the class--lecture, lab, discussion--and sign the form.
3. During remote operations in Fall 2020, send the completed Course Withdrawal form from your UCM email to the professor's UCM email. Check the UC Merced directory to find the professor's email.
4. Continue to attend the course and complete all required work.
5. If the professor supports your request, they will sign and send the Course Withdrawal back to you.
6. Email the Course Withdrawal signed by the professor to your BAC advisor.
7. Your BAC advisor will submit the Course Withdrawal to the Dean.
8. The Dean will review your request. Course withdrawals are not automatically approved and are not guaranteed.
9. You will receive an email with the Dean's decision usually 5-7 business days after you submit the completed Course Withdrawal to your BAC advisor.
Per UC Merced policy, students who were subject to dismissal in the previous term and allowed to remain at UC Merced cannot submit a Course Withdrawal request.
In Fall 2020, the deadline to submit a course withdrawal request is 4:30 pm on Wednesday, November 4th.
However, we recommend that you obtain the professor's signature and submit the Course Withdrawal to your BAC advisor by Friday, October 30th to avoid any last minute issues with your request.