To have the best opportunity to be academically successful, the Bobcat Advising Center recommends that you finalize your classes and make any necessary changes in your schedule by no later than the 5th day of the semester.
To view the exact add and drop deadlines each semester, click here.
Deadlines to add and drop are based on the first day of classes in that semester--and may be in the middle of a week.
TO DROP AFTER THE SEMESTER HAS STARTED:
THROUGH FIRST, SECOND, & THIRD WEEK OF SEMESTER
Drop classes online. Registration is open 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
If you receive financial aid, do NOT drop below 12 units at any time unless you have first consulted with a financial aid advisor.
In Spring 2024, the deadline to drop a class online is Monday, February 5.
AFTER THE THIRD WEEK THROUGH THE ELEVENTH WEEK
(NOT AUTOMATICALLY APPROVED)
You may submit a Course Withdrawal request in a class for emergency reasons or for good cause.
The course withdrawal request is reviewed by the professor of that class and the Dean.
We recommend that you speak with your professor about your course grade before you submit a Course Withdrawal request.
1. If you receive financial aid, consult with a financial aid advisor BEFORE you submit a Course Withdrawal request. Talk with the financial aid advisor about how withdrawing from a course might affect your satisfactory academic progress for financial aid.
2. Fill out the online Course Withdrawal request completely.
3. Continue to attend the course and complete all required work.
4, After you submit the Course Withdrawal request, it will be electronically routed to your professor for review.
5. If the professor supports your request, they will electronically sign and forward the Course Withdrawal in the online system to your BAC academic advisor.
6. Your BAC academic advisor will review and route the Course Withdrawal request to the Dean.
7. The Dean will review your request. Course Withdrawal requests are not automatically approved, may be denied, and are not guaranteed.
8. You will receive an email with the Dean's decision usually 5-7 business days after the instructor has forwarded the Course Withdrawal request to your BAC academic advisor.
Per UC Merced policy, students who were subject to dismissal in the previous term and allowed to remain at UC Merced cannot submit a Course Withdrawal request.
In Spring 2024, the deadline to submit a Course Withdrawal request is Tuesday, April 2.
However, we recommend that you submit the electronic Course Withdrawal by Friday, March 29 to allow time for instructor and dean review of your request before the deadline.