The UC Merced Catalog includes information on major and minor requirements, course descriptions, and academic policies.
- On the Catalog home page, select the Catalog Year on the top right based on the term you entered UC Merced.
- A new Catalog is published each June for the next academic year.
- The 2022-23 Catalog for Fall 2022 admits is now available.
For major and minor requirements:
- On the Catalog home page, select Academic Programs in the left column.
- Select a major or minor to see the courses required in the major or minor in that Catalog Year.
For course descriptions:
- On the Catalog home page, select Course Descriptions in the left column.
- In the Course Filter box, select a prefix to see all courses offered in that department.
- Click on the course to read a description and any prerequisites or restrictions for that class.
- Undergraduate courses are numbered 001-199.
- First years generally take courses numbered 001-099.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors generally take courses numbered 100-199.
- Graduate courses for master's and Ph.D. students are numbered 200-299.